Danai Thanopoulou is a Health Psychologist (MSc.)- Psychotherapist currently working in Patras, Greece. She graduated top of her class from Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences, Athens, Greece. She is a licensed Psychology (license no. 20978/2016) and a regular member of the Association of Greek Psychologists (SEPS)
She has completed her post-graduate education in Leiden Universiteit, Leiden, Netherlands on Health and Medical Psychology (Master of Science- MSc.)
Her approach to treatment is based on the Cognitive and Behavioral model an approach on which she is still attending a training course on Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy in the Centre of Applied Psychotherapy and Counseling in Athens.
She has followed two online educational programs offered by the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens on “Couple and Family Counseling and Psychotherapy” and on “Time and Stress management”.
Moreover, she has attended seminars about the application of Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy, as well as the coordination and planning of psychoeducational groups (support groups, self-development groups, skills-development groups).
Danai Thanopoulou has clinical experience in psychosis, schizoaffective and affective disorders, gained by her volunteer work in mental health units (boarding houses, protected apartments) owned by the Association for Regional Development and Mental Health (EPAPSY). Her primal role was to diminish the stigma for these patients, promote their well-being and help them develop their personal and social skills.
She has also volunteered in Patras’ Municipal Summer Camp as a psychologist, where she was organizing and coordinating educational activities and personal-development groups for children aged between 6 and 13 years old.
She is currently an external associate of the website Psychology.now, where you can find some of her articles, and she is still working hard on expanding her knowledge and skills on her field and on enriching her techniques with more training in different psychotherapeutic models.
Seminars and Conferences
Seminar in Designing and Coordinating Psychoeducational groups, Centre of Apllied Psychotherapy and Counseling (32 hours)- Athens, 2019
Couple and Family counseling and psychotherapy (e-learning 90-hour program), National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, 2018
- Time and Stress management (e-learning 40-hour program), National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, 2018
- Poster presentation- Master thesis poster presentation Conference, Leiden University- Leiden, 2017
- 5th National Conference of Cognitive Psychotherapies, Patras, 2017
- 5th National Conference of Scientific Research among University Students- Hellenic Psychological Society, Panteion University- Athens, 2016
- Brief training in CBT seminar, Centre of Prevention and Counseling (10 hours), 2015
- Brief training in DSM-V, Centre of Prevention and Counseling (4 hours), 2015
- 4th National Scientific Conference “Mental health, Technology and Telematic applications”, Athens, 2015
- 2nd National Conference of the Hellenic Community for Behavior Analysis, Athens, 2015
- 2nd National Conference in Mental Health, Athens, 2014
- 4th National Conference of Scientific Research among University Students- Hellenic Psychological Society, Panteion University- Athens, 2014
- 5th National Conference in Counseling Psychology, Patras, 2014
- Health Education program in Panteion University “Use- Abuse- Addiction- A predictable course”, Athens, 2014
- Brain and Language, Eugenidion Institution, Athens, 2014
- Seminar in clinical hypnosis, Mediterranean College (4 hours), 2013
- 1st National Conference in Mental Health, Athens, 2013